Let’s be real. This pandemic sucks, and life has changed as we know it. We are constantly being told what we can’t do, and we are limited to the things we can do. Perhaps life will go back to normal at some point, or maybe it will be changed forever. Everything is uncertain, and we don’t quite know what to expect for the future. The one thing for certain is that we can control the way we feel, even though we are bounded to stricter rules and ways of living. Down below are ten tips in which you can feel better and live better during these trying times.
Feeling Good Starts With You
- Start your day off by setting your intent. This allows you to wake up and start your day with meaning. Productivity levels are increased this way.
- Drink hot water with lemon first thing in the morning. This allows for your metabolism to reset and helps clear the waste. Lemons have antioxidants in them which helps boost the immune system and fight off sickness. They also aid in digestion and weight loss.
- Listen to I am affirmations. This is a good alternative to meditations that require you to sit still, especially if you find it difficult or it just isn’t your thing. You can go about your day while having I am affirmations in the background, as they help in reinforcing positive self-talk.
- Limit being on your phone. Notifications stimulate reactions in our body and brain, and they are often distracting. Try not looking at your phone first thing in the morning so you can start your day off with a clear head. Even more so, try to limit your social media use as it can highly influence the way we feel. The goal is to feel good for majority (if not the whole) day.
- Take Vitamin D. We lack sunlight in winter, which our bodies need to help with normal immune function. Especially in times like these, our immune systems should be in tip-top condition to be able to fight off diseases and viruses.
6. Get fresh air. We are not meant to be cooped up inside. Going outside can be grounding in itself, and can provide clarity and energy.
7. Get moving. Movement is the key to success (at least this is what I believe). It keeps you motivated and gets your blood circulating. Whether it be walking, running, weight training, etc. Exercise releases endorphins which keeps us feeling good.
8. Maintain balance. Too much of anything is never good.
9. Do something a day that makes you happy. Whether you are working or not, we tend to get trapped in routine and forget what we truly need. Doing something a day that makes you happy gives you time to put you first.
10. Pick up a new hobby. If you are still working full-time this may pose as a difficulty, but to those who are not working right now due to the pandemic (or other reasons), now is the perfect time to do so. There are lots of courses on the internet that are free right now. The dollar store also has lots of really cheap/cool supplies to do art or write. Whatever it may be, this is a great time to gain a new skill.
I hope that this was useful. Stay well beautiful people. If there is anything else that you would like to add to this, let me know in the comments below! I look forward to hearing from you 🙂